Justus tagged me, rotten bas… um.. nice guy that he is. :)
So, here are five things that people with whom I generally associate think are really cool, but that leave me cold.
1) Bloated buggy code full of holes. Examples include Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows. Windows networking is an even bigger joke. Yeah, and I am certified in Windows Networking by Microsoft. What ever. I guess the real pet peeve is consumers that choose badly made products because ‘they are cool’.
2) Televison. I really don’t like about 99% of the Televison shows out there. I can stand several – luckly Sheila likes them as well, so I just get out the laptop when she is watching Gilmore Girls.
3) Dungeons and Dragons. Ok, I am going to broadcast to the entire world what a Geek I am. I don’t like D&D and the entire d20 system. It stinks. It’s complicated, unrealistic and archers suck. In the real world, a longbowman was quite a scary dude. He could reach out and ram a 3 foot rod of oak through you at several hundred feet. So, I am archer dude in D&D. I shoot a 4th level fighter. He has on average (d10 * 4 or about 20 hp). I do an average of 4 hp per shot. Five shots later, he falls. And, just try aiming for a critical spot – say the chest or head. Give GURPS 4th Ed a try. Lame Name, Good Game. :)
4) Fishing. I do not really enjoy fishing. It’s boring. Really boring. I would prefer to play Paintball, or go bird hunting.
5) And last – but not least… Confrence calls and meetings in general. I am a ‘do-er’ not a talker. Planning and oversite is important, but as far as just touching bases – there are better options out there. For example, forums are a great tool for keeping geographically dispersed workers communictating.